Sunday, November 27, 2011

Burst or Bursted? Either way my bubble popped :(

You know that feeling when you think you look totally cool... only to have your bubble bursted* by some fashion-dummy?! Well I have :(

It's Sunday and like every other Sunday morning I get up and go to church.
Since last Tuesday I'm wearing glasses again. People don't know me with glasses, because I only wore/wear them during class. I got my first pair when I was 15. Those were some ugly purple ones and I can't imagine I was totally crazy about them! Luckily I came to my senses when I had to choose my second one; those were more neutral. But clumsy me sat on them and they broke. Time for new glasses I thought, but every time I was postponing it, until my brother ordered his online. When his package finally came, he wasn't that satisfied with how they looked, but I liked them (on me) and suggested to just order new ones. So that's how I got my new frame. They're black Ray Bans and they do make me look kinda nerdy :p.


 I can survive without them, however I still need them for stuff like reading and recognizing people from a distance.
So this morning I wasn't really in the mood for make-up and i decided to wear my new glasses. Aside from covering up my sleepy face, they perfectly matched my outfit! They made me look more sophisticated. Or so I thought...
As soon as I arrived I got comments on the new "look". People were asking whether they were real or just another accessory of mine. Not that that's a bad thing, but the way they asked it said enough. One girl just literally said they were ugly, without me asking for her opinion! Now that was really mean! But I let it go and didn't respond to that. It's just that I'm not the type of person to comment rudely on things that aren't even my business and it's hard sometimes to accept that not everyone is like me. Luckily I'm still able to listen to myself. I love my glasses and they will keep me company for now :)

Love, M

*(apparently it should be "burst" but I thought that sounded weird)

0 comments:

Post a Comment